Shopping for Christmas gifts for travellers and loved ones can either be exciting or frustrating depending on you or your loved one! Some people are very hard to shop for because they just buy whatever they want to begin with! And some people hate to shop, so it doesn’t matter who you shop for, you’ll just be frustrated!
Amazon to the rescue!
I’ve pulled out my favorite unique travel gifts from Amazon to inspire your gift-giving for the year, and I put them into categories to make it even easier! These are mostly for adults, but go here if you’re interested in gifts for kids.
Great Stocking Stuffers
- Hand Sanitizer doesn’t seem like one of the fun travel gifts in and of itself, but it is so necessary. I like to get fun and silly ones that dangle on my hand. It’s one of those things that hardly anyone remembers to bring for themselves, but if someone sees another person using it then EVERYone wants some!
- Wake Me Up For Food… Need I say more? Eye masks are crucial for those long-haul flights, but no one wants to miss snacks, meals, and drinks! Get those Zzzs with ease knowing your mask will alert the attendants that it’s ok to wake you up (just for food!) I’d say this falls under the unusual travel gifts category, although you can definitely make a case for it being utilitatrian.
- It feels like everyone has the same luggage now, so make yours stand out! It’s way cheaper to buy a cute luggage tag than buying a dramatic bag. Throw one on there with a little personality!
- Smartphones have gotten really amazing with their cameras lately, but there are still some functions they aren’t great at… namely: Macro and Fisheye. These little fellas are great for that because they just clip on to the phone and are small enough to be put away later.
Gifts under $20
- Adult Coloring Books are in! I love this one because it’s also a fun way to track your travels, de-stress, AND gives you more ideas of where to go next! The drawings are lovely. If you click the link, you can see some sample pages to give you an idea!
- This one could also go under utilitarian, but this one is a universal adapter, and it also has USB ports. I don’t like it as much as the one in utilitarian because you can’t plug as much in, but it’s super helpful if you aren’t planning to plug in 1,000 things. It doesn’t have the ability to work with the big power suckers like hair dryers or straighteners though. It’s really good for phones and iPads and whatnot.
- Travel packing cubes are super essential. How did I get along without them? I love that they are different sizes, so it makes it even easier for me to remember what section my stuff is in. Gone are the days when everything is just jammed in there. Great for separating dirty clothes too!
- Passport covers are so cute! This link is great because there are dozens of options and you can PERSONALIZE it!!
Track the Travels!
I want to preface all these gifts by saying that all would make excellent Christmas presents for travellers! People who travel a lot love to track them, and these are some fun travel gift ideas for him, her, mom, dad, friends, anyone!
- This scratch-off map is my favorite because it also has the flags of the countries! And it has individual states for USA, but bonus… it comes with a USA map too!
- I don’t actually have this cork globe yet, but I have been eyeing it. I’m hoping my parents come through for Christmas 🙂 I’m thinking it would be really cute in my classroom!
- My mom actually got me this magnetic map for me last year for Christmas! It’s REALLY classy looking and looks amazing on the wall. It comes with little magnets. I actually ran out and had to get more! What a fun problem to have! (Not because they didn’t provide enough. I’ve just been to a lot of cities!)
- I actually got this National Parks map for my parents last year for Christmas. They love driving around the US visiting the parks. This one is cute because you put little fire stickers at the parks you’ve seen! It’s basically a poster, but my stepmom took it to Hobby Lobby and had it mounted on a foam board. Now, it’s a lot sturdier.
Useful travel gifts!
- This plug adaptor is probably my best purchase yet. This thing has yet to fail me, and it makes me so popular at airports! I love it because the plugs are spaced well, so even my super fat camera battery charger can fit on there. It also charges my laptop perfectly, and I can use my hair straightener. PLUS, it also has 4 USB ports, so you can charge a whopping 7 things! The plug comes standard EU plug, and then I just need another plug adaptor if I’m going somewhere that doesn’t use it, but many places do.
- I was super torn between an R2D2 piece of Carry On Luggage or this beauty. I settled on this since I’m supposed to be “an adult”…. but I might still go back and get the R2D2 one…
- I wish I had this luggage weigher when I was moving back from Australia, because that would have saved me a lot of time. This is great because so many airlines can be very particular about luggage weight restictions. This is so small, but you’re able to weigh your luggage to see if you can make the cut… BEFORE you get to the airport and have to rummage around and hastily make sacrifices and decisions.
- Everyone needs a good powerbank. I know I did when I was in the Sahara! Make sure you get one with at least 20,000 mAh because otherwise it’s not going to be able to keep up with your needs. A modern smartphone sucks up about 5-9000 mAh, so you need a big bank to support that!
I hope this was helpful for you or for your loved ones! Happy Shopping and Happy Holidays!